We had such a fun trip to North Carolina to visit Nana and Aunt Mandie a few weeks ago! It takes about 9 hours to get there so it is not something that we do very often. The kids were great, but it is a long time to sit still in a small car.
Nana took us to Marbles Childrens' Museum in Raleigh and the kiddos had a total blast. Miss E was all about the grocery store and the gourmet kitchen while J was most excited by the pirate ship and sports area. Even though we spent several hours there, they were not ready to leave. Everyone knows that "tool" is the monster of all insults in our house, so I was completely immature when I asked them to pose in front of the "REAL TOOLS" sign. I don't think that they saw the sign until afterwards. *giggle, giggle, giggle*
Nana's house is fun in itself- she has a loft area above the second story and as far as J was concerned, it was a Wii room. He is never allowed to play that many hours a day at home so it was definitely his dream vacation. Nana's next-door neighbor has a cool swing set and both kids enjoyed playing on that until they came back covered in itchy bug bites- next time we'll put on some bug spray.
Naturally Daddy found a local BJJ/Judo class and made some new friends- he can't resist testing his skills. He met the owner and I think next time we go, he will be a guest teacher for a class or two. It is a shame that he is so shy.
I am so glad that we were able to take a few days and reconnect with two of my most favorite women. I love you, Nana and Mandie!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment