Thursday, February 26, 2009

More J-isms

J is learning to tell time now, this is a conversation from a few days ago...
Me: What time is it?
J, walking to the microwave: 1-0-7 (he said each number slowly & deliberately)
Me, clarifying: It's one-oh-seven?
J, exasperated with my ignorance: Not oh! one- ZERO-seven
Geez, what was I thinking? I just got schooled by a 3-year-old. Ouch!


This was when he was 2 years old and he loved (still does!) to drink apple punch...
J: Mommy, I want some juice.
Me: Wait a minute.
J, watching me pour it into his sippie cup: Is that my juice?
Me, cranky: No, it's mine.
J: That's MY cup!!
Me: Yes, this is your juice.
J: You were teasing me?
Me: It's called sarcasm.
J: No, it's apple punch.

To this day, K and I refer to sarcasm as apple punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cherish Blinkie