Wednesday, February 18, 2009

J's Hives

After playing outside for a bit yesterday afternoon, J tells me that he is really itchy. I pulled up his shirt and saw all of these large pink whelps (hives, I found out later). I called the pediatrician's office and was instructed by the nurse to give him some benedryl. He was given 1 teaspoon around 4 pm. By 6 pm, he was falling asleep at the dinner table and told me that he needed a nap. Very, very unlike him.

As I carried him to the bathroom, he told me that he did not need a bath. I agreed. I put him on the potty and his eyes were closing. He looked at me and carefully said, "everything is good." Very matter-of-fact. It was so funny.

After he was in bed a bit, I went in to check on him and he opened his eyes and said, "Mommy, I having a good nap!" I bet he was!

According to his doctor, most likely cause- strawberries. Go figure. I have to keep him on benedryl until they go away completely. Poor fella!

1 comment:

  1. THose are the things to tease him about when he is older!!! Remember the day we gave you benadryl and all the funny things you said.

    ReplyDelete

Cherish Blinkie