Monday, January 17, 2011

Princess Party












Princess E celebrated her third birthday with royal flair, naturally. She told me that she wanted a "pink Sleeping Beauty party" and that she specifically wanted a pink party hat. She even picked out the plates that we ate off of. She had her ball gown, pink sequined party hat, Princess Aurora heals and pink birthday sash picked out days before the event. I think that she would have staged a wardrobe change during the party if she would have thought that was allowed.
I decided to make her cake myself and that was quite an undertaking. I did my best to disguise that it is the leaning tower of cake. I have much respect for cake decorating (I am talking to you- April and Kelly!) The bottom layer was chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and the top two were butter cake with strawberries. They tasted pretty good and that is what matters, right?
I captured the moment that she realized that the huge art desk in the middle of the room was actually meant for her! The look on her face is so precious.
All in all, it was a fun party and we are so thankful to all of our friends and family who came out to help us celebrate three years with our princess. I truly thank God for the blessing that she has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cherish Blinkie