



J and I made Easter cookies on Saturday. We made chicks, bunnies and butterflies. We even made homemade icing and added colorful sprinkles. We were proud. Aren't they cute? You may wonder how they tasted. To be honest, we really don't know. On Saturday night I figured that it would be best to put the entire GIGANTIC platter in the oven to keep them fresh. There would have been no problem with this if I had remembered to take them OUT when I preheated the oven to make some muffins on Easter morning. I kept hearing plopping noises and there was an awful burning plastic smell. The last picture shows my melted platter and cookies on the bottom of my oven. Can you see the gaping hole where the middle of the platter was? What a smelly mess! Daddy was teasing that I made twice-baked cookies. It is funny now.

No comments:
Post a Comment