Tuesday, February 2, 2010

E isms

Getting out of the car, her shoe was stuck
Me: Do you need help with that?
E: I got this.

In the church parking lot, walking inside
Man: Well, good morning princess!
E: Yes.

At the dinner table, having heard this 1,000,000 times...
E, pounding fists on table, looking at her brother: EAT, JOE-JEE!!!
Sometimes looking at my children's' behavior is like looking at myself through one of those fun house mirrors that distort shapes and sizes. I didn't realize that I had ever hit the tables with my fists, but where else would she see that???

It was Christmas Eve and we were at church, she was really dressed up. She was crying because she hurt herself and Daddy took her out of the sanctuary.
Elder, checking on the crying kid: You look like an angel!
E, through muffled crying: Thank you.

Another church conversation
Man: That's a very pretty dress you are wearing.
E, touching her head: hair?
Man, laughing: Yes, your hair is pretty, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cherish Blinkie